Wedding photo albums are a discussion topic among engaged couples today. Between both physical and digital albums, it can be a challenge to know what the right choice is for you. There are pros and cons to having a wedding photo album, as well as alternatives for those who don’t want a wedding album. Let’s discuss your options in today’s blog.
A wedding album is a digital or physical album of all of your wedding photos, usually taken by a professional wedding photographer but sometimes by a friend or family member. When working with a professional photographer, they may offer a digital or physical album — or both.
Wedding Album Pros:
- Saves your memories. A wedding album book or framed photos is also an easy way to share your wedding memories when friends and family visit. You could also have a digital album that shares those precious moments online or on your local computer. If you do choose to go digital, there are cloud based systems that can store your photo so they can be shared remotely.
- Tells your story for years to come. At some time in the future, you’ll want to share your wedding story with your children or grandchildren. With a physical album it’s easy, just open the album and view your wedding. A digital album will present some interesting challenges, but may be able to be transferred onto a modern device when that time comes.
Wedding Album Cons:
- Expensive. Even digital photo albums can be costly (remember you’re paying for the photographer’s services). The cost of your wedding album should just be one additional item in your overall budget. Considerations that factor into the cost include the photographer’s time, number of locations shot, number of physical prints, and the physical album itself.
- Difficult to DIY. Couples trying to save money may try to DIY their wedding albums. This is not an easy task because it takes time to gather photos from those attending the wedding, reviewing, and editing those photos, and printing and assembling them in a physical album.
Wedding Album Alternatives
If you’re looking for alternatives to choose from instead of a wedding album, some of these options might appeal to you:
A Wedding Box
A wedding box is a box full of your wedding photos and more. It can include:
- Wedding outfits
- Pressed or preserved flowers
- Ceremony program
- Reception menu
Or anything else that you want to save as a precious memory. You can go with a simple box, something more ornate, or you can decorate your own wedding box.
One Or Two Framed Photos
To display the best memories of your wedding, consider taking one or two of your best photos and have them professionally framed. They can then be displayed on a bookshelf or any other place of honor.
Use this as a way to find the right choice for you. Keep in mind that you don’t need to have a big photo album if that isn’t in your budget. Still looking for the right wedding dress? Check out our bridal collection. You can also check out our blog for more tips, including: When Should You Take Your Wedding Photos?